Bhupinder Singh Dua, former MD SICOP has amassed massive wealth and raised a number of assets in his own name as well as in the names of his family members/close relatives. He had acquired these assets with the ill-gotten money earned through corrupt practices during his stint in SICOP in various capacities.
2. During earlier search conducted on 14.10.2019 by ACB, the following valuable assets were recovered/ seized from his premises.
a) Golden ornaments total weighing 1.834 kg.
b) Silver weighing 1.470 kg.
c) Cash amounting Rs. 957400/-
3. During ongoing investigation, it was discovered that Bhupinder Singh Dua has also acquired the following movable/immovable proprieties:-
a) Twelve (12) different factories under different name and style established by him and his family members. Names of few factories are M/S Modern Plastics, M/S Neptune Plastics and Modern Fabrications.
b) Large number of goods carrier/trucks purchased by him as well as his family members.
c) Two (02) houses and two (02) plots.
d) Four (04) luxury vehicles
4. In addition, the retiree public servant has also raised a double storey palatial house in Posh Nanak Nagar area over a piece of land measuring 2 kanals approximately which clearly indicates that the accused is having property disproportionate to his known sources which has been acquired by him through illegal and corrupt practices during his service career.
5. The accused was given ample time and opportunity to provide details of the assets/properties acquired by him. He was taken into custody by ACB for questioning regarding assets acquired by him.
6. Further investigations are going on.